Blue Letter Bible (www.blb.org) offers a spectrum of tools from
- quick and efficient searches,
- to interlinear Greek and Hebrew,
- Concordances, pronunciations,
- to complex commentaries both classic and contemporary.
This page is a short synopsis of SEARCH TOOLs using an example question ‘does God invite us to “seek my face”?’
First open the web page and optionally choose a translation. In this example we will just except the default “KJV” with no change.
Then enter your search string: question, Reference or nouns and verbs with or without words like “the”, “a”, “to”.
– Now therefore, let not my blood fall to the earth before the face of the LORD: for the king of Israel is come out to seek a flea, as when one doth hunt a partridge in the mountains.
– Seek the LORD and his strength, seek his face continually.
– If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
– This is the generation of them that seek him, that seek thy face, O Jacob. Selah.
– When thou saidst, Seekye my face; my heart said unto thee, Thy face, LORD, will I seek.
– Seek the LORD, and his strength: seek his face evermore.
– Therefore came I forth to meet thee, diligently to seek thy face, and I have found thee.
– And I set my face unto the Lord God, to seek by prayer and supplications, with fasting, and sackcloth, and ashes:
– I will go and return to my place, till they acknowledge their offence, and seek my face: in their affliction they will seek me early.
– And the pride of Israel testifieth to his face: and they do not return to the LORD their God, nor seek him for all this.
– Seek him that maketh the seven stars and Orion, and turneth the shadow of death into the morning, and maketh the day dark with night: that calleth for the waters of the sea, and poureth them out upon the face of the earth: The LORD is his name: