Feel free to use any part of this as a template, but for maximum effectiveness, (and if you wish to be taken seriously) please:
1. “sign it” at bottom with your name and email address per old fashioned letter protocol …
2. use your recipient’s correct title
- Chairman of FCC, Mr. Ajit Pai AJIT.PAI@FCC.GOV
- President of the United States
President@whitehouse.gov(broken as of 11/23)
- Whitehouse: www.facebook.com/WhiteHouse/
Dear President Trump,
RE: proposed FCC changes to net neutrality schedule December 2017
Please re-consider the negative consequences of the steps under consideration, ostensibly to enhance services.
These proposed changes will monetize and add opportunity for future administrations and non-voting entities to MANIPULATE what is has been a very even playing field.
Current “net neutrality“ is the closest we have to a “Free Market” environment where worldwide popularity will test and “make-or-break” a website or business or New Idea.
The decision before you is analogous to giving “MORE free speech” to some – and thereby “LESS free speech” to others: contradicting the meaning of “free speech”.
There is nothing broken here to fix – only the temptation to tax, divide and break an engine that has already provided unparalleled revenue.
They already have and currently use their ability to increase bandwidth by subscription “paywalls”.
1. Reject these proposed changes
2. Enact laws that will ENSURE net neutrality and shield it from future attempts to change it directly and indirectly.
You must log in to post a comment.